Another fail

on Wednesday, January 14, 2015 at 10:58 PM

So the second week of training last week was also a bit of a fail. Only managed 18 miles total which included 9.5 miles  at the gym Thursday morning where it was freezing cold and windy. This was the first time I've ever gone to the gym before work.  Was there and running at 6:15 in the morning. This included 4 miles at LT pace, which was split into two parts because of HR issues. Yeah, that's happening again. Afterwards went straight to work. I have to work out the logistics a bit better since I forgot a bunch of stuff, like a hair brush and conditioner for my hair so I was walking around all day with frizzy hair.

My shins and ankles were quite sore in the days following. I'm not sure if it was the LT run or the fact that it was my first run on a treadmill in several years that caused the soreness. It was so achy that I only managed a 3 mile recovery run for the rest of the week and decided to skip the long run to let the legs recover.  I did do 9 miles on Monday outside and the legs seem to be okay. I did another 9 miles today with 4 LT miles at the gym so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if any leg parts get achy again. I'm hoping to get to 40 miles this week which should hopefully put me back on track.

0 comments:

temp