More Random Thoughts

on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 at 10:01 PM

Ok, 12 days into this National Blog Posting Month thing and I'm already starting to struggle for ideas.  I think I've put on a couple of pounds since the marathon, mostly due to the all the chocolates I've eaten since Halloween. I had a 100 pack of mini chocolates that was unopened. I probably should have thought about trying to return it, but I thought I would be able to manage it. Nope. One look at my garbage pail of discarded chocolate bar wrappers and I realized yeah I'm going to be a bit heavier.

I was thinking of doing a race this weekend just for fun.  There's a 10 miler close by that I've done before, but a few years ago, I had decided I would only enter races if I was actually going to race them.  I had figured out that I was spending so much on races for fun and much of that was going to tech shirts and medals that I don't really.  Anyways, I probably won't sign up since I don't think I would be able to run it particularly fast.   Plus they are forecasting snow for this Sunday. Winter's a coming.

I am looking at maybe doing a Boxing Day 10 miler towards the end of December since that would coincide well with the start of another training cycle leading up to an early May marathon.  Just got to get used to running in the cold again.  For now, it's just recovery runs to try and maintain some level of fitness.  Will probably start working in some strides and some short tempos in the next few weeks. 

1 comments:

Robin said...

I too put on a couple of pounds in the last month and not too happy...Darn chocolates :) Are you thinking of Whitby? I keep trying to get back there but haven't been able to squeeze it in.

temp