Prepping for one heck of a week and a half.

on Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 11:02 PM

Time for a monthly update.  Getting ready for the Boston 2 Big Sur Challenge.  To be honest, the races themselves aren't really stressing me out.  What is stressing me out is the stuff I have planned between the two races.  In a little over a week and a half, I will be staying in seven different hotels, flying across the country and driving for hours on end, all by my lonesome.  In hindsight, I think it would have been much easier to just fly back to Toronto after Boston and head over to California the following weekend, but in the rush of the moment, i thought I'd be able to squeeze a side trip of Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon between the two races.  Will it work out?  Not sure. I'll be sure to let you know in a week's time. 

I'm pretty old hat at packing for a marathon trip, but how do you prepare for two marathons?  Pack light, pack a lot? With all the traveling, packing light seems to be the best option, but they'll be a wide range of possible weather, being from a tad chilly in Boston to downright hot in Vegas.  I'm sure there's going to be a mess of errors along the way.  In fact, I fully expect them to lose my checked luggage between Boston and Vegas. I have 50 minutes to make a connecting flight in Philadelphia.  Though I'll probably make the connection, based on past experience, my luggage won't. 

Anyways time to sleep.  I have to start packing at some point.  More to come in the next few days.

2 comments:

EndorphinBuzz said...

Good luck in Boston and to your luggage after that : -)

Love2Run said...

Good luck, maybe we'll hook up at Big Sur. Look for the canada shorts and yellow boston shirt

temp