Pace Run

on Friday, August 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Slight change of plan.  Didn't get a chance to do all my runs in the evening this week.  It was just too hot and humid on Monday and Tuesday to do the runs in the evenings like I had planned so I ended up doing them on the mornings of Tuesday and Wednesday. Did the Thursday and Friday runs in the evenings.

Tuesday: 6 miles recovery 9:37 min/mile

Wednesday: 14.3 miles 8:21 min/miles.

Thursday: 3.1 miles 9:41 min/mile.  This was right after a thunderstorm that brought a few tornadoes to our area. Humidity was over 90%.

Friday: 6 miles recovery with 6 strides. 

Tomorrow I have a 30k race in the evening which I will be doing a portion of at marathon pace.  What is my current marathon pace?  Good question.  At a minimum, I'd like to do at least 12 miles at 7:27 min/mile which is my current BQ pace.  Don't think I want to try and hold that pace for the entire 30k though. I may end up trying for 7:15 pace also, but in the end a lot of it will depend on the weather and how I'm feeling. 

3 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Good luck tomorrow! sad to miss it this year...

Quinto Sol said...

With your threshold being 7mpm, 7:27 should be a breeze... I bet you end up doing the whole "race" @ 7:25 pace.

yumke said...

Hey Fran, how bout this: We pace it together and see what happens, since we're going from the same BQ pace.

I'm thinking of starting at an easy 8 minute then lowering it to BQ pace within a few miles.

temp