What is this?

on Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Update on the week's training.

Sunday: Did about 9 miles, not sure of pace. Wanted to do 10, but my achilles was starting to ache a bit, so i cut the run short.

Tuesday: Did 6 miles at 8min/mile pace. Felt good to ramp up the pace for a bit.

Wednesday: Did 6 miles which included 4x800m done at (6:19, 6:17, 6:15 and 6:19 pace, respectively) HR maxed out at 187 on the last one.

Thursday: Did 4 miles. Not sure of pace, but tried to work on cadence.

So at the Ottawa marathon expo, New Balance had an area where they were giving away stuff for playing a game. it was sort of convoluted in that you had to sign up online (they had computers there) for their new website at loverunningmore.ca, after which they would give you a postcard. You walked over to the other side of the NB area where you handed the postcard to someone which allowed you to play a game. They had a series of 9 rotating blocks that you had to spin, with each block having 4 different symbols on it. You had to pick 4 (or was it 5?) of the blocks and spin them and depending on how many symbols you matched, you won a prize. I spun and matched 2 blocks. I almost had 3 which would have given me a $10 gift certificate but my last block spun a few degrees more then it should have. Anyhow, my two matching blocks won me this:



I have no idea what this is. I originally thought it was a hand massage tool since it has the knobby things on the ends, but it's kinda big, about the size of my hand so it's a bit awkward to hold. Weird looking paper weight? Anyone have any ideas?

3 comments:

Audrey said...

hi! it's a back massager! obviously easier to use with two people. my family has had a whole bunch over the years. we call them Bob. I have no idea why.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i got one similar to that somewhere else, and yes, a back massager. My son loves it when i rub his back with it. Have a great weekend!

Reluctant Runner said...

I'm guessing Ninja star. Or some other deadly weapon. Handle it with caution! :-)

temp