What's next?

on Sunday, May 31, 2009 at 5:07 PM

Did 4 mile recovery run on Friday and did 10.2 miles today at 8:30 pace. First couple of miles, i did at close to 8:45 pace. I've been doing all my long runs at that pace as of late to practice 3:50 marathon pace. With the pacing now behind me, i'd like to get that to between 8:00 and 8:30 in the next little while.

I have a 5k race in two weeks. I hate 5k's. I tried 3 times last year to break 20 minutes and failed miserably each time. Though I'd like to try again, i'm pretty sure the lack of quality track work the past few weeks is going to be my undoing. I'm going to try and focus on track training these next two weeks. Maybe, I'll get lucky.

I'd like to do a marathon in the fall to try and re-BQ. It's down to either the Toronto full on Oct 18 or Hamilton on November 1. I'd much prefer to do Hamilton since I haven't done it before, but the lure of being able to sleep in my own bed and eat my own food the night before is appealing.

5 comments:

Quinto Sol said...

May I suggest 40 seconds HARD, 70 seconds easy/recovery alternating for 21 or so minutes (about 3 miles)...

Try it after two or three easy w/u miles... and run 2 miles c/d...

yumke said...

You can do a sub-20 5K!

So we MAY be doing same marathon then :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i also think you have a sub-20 in you :)

jen said...

I hate 5ks! You could definitely run sub 20 if it is your day.

The fall marathon options sound great!

Arcane said...

well i hope you're all right!

temp