Unexpected Taper

on Thursday, April 9, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Well I commented last weekend that I thought I was coming down with something and by Monday my nose was runny and I was a bit lightheaded. Took the afternoon off. Guess the 30 miles in two days thing on the weekend probably wasn't too great of an idea. Add to that, we had snow Monday morning.  Old man winter is getting his last kick at the can. I was able to survive the entire winter without getting sick and it hits me now in the first week of April. Go figure. In any event, i think it started after my 7 mile LT run last week at the gym. Come to think of it, the last time I got sick was also shortly after a 7 mile LT run at the gym over a year ago.  Coincidence? Nasty gym germs....

Anyhow, I haven't run since Sunday and I may try and go out for a short run later tonight and again tomorrow.  This next upcoming week is a bit of a mystery as to how it'll go.  This weekend was supposed to be a tuneup race and a 17 mile long run and next week is supposed to be week 13 of 18 of a training plan  that includes a 17 mile long run with 14 at marathon pace next weekend.  Obviously I won't be doing that cause I will actually be running a marathon the following Monday...

4 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Feel better soon! You're so close to running Boston!

jen said...

Ya, definitely take it easy. Extra rest at this point will not hurt your fitness and will help you be 100% when you toe the starting line. Rest up!!

yumke said...

eight days. get well!

Steve said...

30 miles in two days and in crappy weather no less....no wonder. Even Superman can get run down from over doing it.

Be good to yourself for the next 7 days....

temp