Mississauga races...

on Wednesday, April 29, 2009 at 11:46 PM

I had hoped to jump back into the final pre-taper week of Pfitz' 18 week program today, but the plan called for 10 miles with 4x1200m at VO2Max pace. I skipped the VO2Max sessions from each of the two past weeks and wasn't too sure I would be able to do the one today. Instead I ended up doing the 10 miles with 3 at an LT pace at just under 7min/mile. I don't really see the point in doing the hispeed track work at this point cause i think my VO2Max is more than adequete to handle a 3:50 marathon. Right now I've got to work on getting comfortable with the 3:50 marathon pace.

So the rest of the week is 10 miles on Friday, 4 on Saturday and 20 on Sunday to get to a total of 49 for the week. Then the taper starts. I've been thinking of racing the Mississauga 10k on May 9 since the Pfitz plan has a tune-up race on that day, though I've been thinking that I should sign up for the half to practise my expected marathon pace. Maybe I can do both?

1 comments:

yumke said...

Do both!

temp