8 days and counting (again)...

on Sunday, April 12, 2009 at 5:43 PM

Well I guess it's actually 8 days today till race day (i.e., a week tomorrow).  yesterday I was going by the countdown timer which today says 7 days and a bit.  Did 17.3 miles today at 8:49 pace.  It was very blustery and the temperature was probably just above freezing.  It was sunny though.  Did an initial short 4 mile loop and then did 13 miles.  I was hoping to do the last mile or two at a marathon pace effort, but just didn't have it in me.  Probably for the best. 

So the original plan for this upcoming week goes out the window since I have to work in a bit of a taper and a marathon distance on the following Monday.   The way I see it, I will probably do as follows:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 9 miles GA
Wednesday: 4 miles Recovery
Thursday: 8 Miles including 2@ LT pace.
Friday:  Rest (travel day)
Saturday:  5 Miles Recovery/Some strides
Sunday: 2 Miles Recovery
Monday:  26.2 miles

2 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

You're almost there! Great run today, especially with the wind! At least the sun was out :) Enjoy the week of shorter distances... and safe travels to Boston if I don't chat with ya before then!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Wow! Haven't been by in awhile! Verry very exciting stuff. You'll have to post your race number so I can online stalk you!!!

Safe travels, and good luck if I don't get back here before then.

temp