2008 Year in Review

on Friday, January 2, 2009 at 11:11 PM

I'll try and keep this short. 1665 or so miles for 2008 which is down from the 1825 or so I ran in 2007. The year was front-end loaded mostly because I BQ'd in May which caused me to slack off for the rest of the year. Did a bunch of races. Off the top of my head, 2 marathons, 2 halfs (as pace bunnies), two 10k's, a 9k, an 8k and about four 5k's. I think that's all of them.

2008 I guess will always be remembered as the year of the Boston qualifier and will probably be the fastest I will ever be. The amount of training required to get me there was a bit too much and since my BQ time drops by 5 minutes next year, I probably won't ever feel the need to go faster.

I don't really have any plans for this year. Other than Boston and mulling about a marathon in Hawaii, I have no real goals or races in mind. I still would like to break 20 minutes for a 5k and 42 minutes for a 10k and set a PR for the half in 2009, but will still be content if I just stay healthy.

May you all meet your running and personal goals for 2009! Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

jen said...

I don't know if '08 was the fastest you'll ever be.. in fact I think that's a bunch of hooey. :P good luck in 09, which will be remembered as the Year of the Boston!

Sonia said...

You did it! BQ'ing is a big achievement! =)

I dream about marathons in Hawaii too, the one in Honolulu is close to Christmas time too.

Hope 2009 is injury free

yumke said...

Hey, hope all is well, realized haven't seen a post from you for awhile..

Boston looms :)

temp