Registered for Boston...

on Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 9:10 PM

Kinda.


So the past week has been brutal for work. I work at a l aw firm and let's just say that i've almost met my target for bill able hours for this month and we're only a third of the way through.  No running, no healthy eating and barely any sleep.  But that's all done now so i can hopefully get back to training and blogging a bit more.  

Registrations for the Boston marathon started last Wednesday and I was all gung ho to do it when it opened but while surfing the registration site, it was sort of anti-climatic.  While going through the process, it felt all too familiar since I've registered online for countless other races.  So to make it feel a bit different, I ended up printing out the registration form, filling it in by hand and then walking to the post office over my lunch break to get a stamp and drop it in the mail box.  First time I've ever done that for a race.  Registering by mail also meant that in addition to the race fee, it only cost me the the price of a stamp rather than the $6 on-line registration fee.   It doesn't quite make sense why it costs more to register online since I would be the one entering the information when registering online.  When I register by mail, they have to enter the information which I"m sure costs them time.   Probably should have photocopied the signed  application form or gotten a picture of me droping it in the mail box to try and preserve the moment.  Oh well.

So I guess i'll only be technically registered when they receive the application and enter the information into a computer and charge my credit card but at least the process has started.  Waiting patiently now for some form of confirmation.  Hopefully the post office won't lose my letter!!

5 comments:

Sonia said...

I was just thinking that! Hope they don't lose the letter! LOL

Take a breather from work now!

yumke said...

Exciting! Love the countdown clock has been reset.. 222 days till boston.

L*I*S*A said...

Wow...you're well on your way now!

Anonymous said...

nice countdown clock!!!

i'm very proud of you-i know how hard you worked for this.

congratulations.

Ryan said...

SWEET -- C U IN Beantown!

temp