Survived.

on Saturday, August 9, 2008 at 11:06 AM

I survived the wisdom teeth extraction. I had a generally positive experience (so far). Got some laughing gas and then was injected with general anesthesia. I don't remember a thing. The next thing I remember was waking up in another room and the nurse changing the gauze in my mouth.

I don't remember even giving them my credit card or signing to pay for the procedure. My dad had driven me to the office and on the way home, I was searching through my wallet for my drug plan card so I could get the prescription for pain killers filled, but it wasn't there. I'm sure it should have been there cause I had checked the night before. I told may dad that I would have to go home to get my drug card before I could get the presription filled, but he then told me that I had already given it to him while at the office. I don't have any recollection of that either. Weird.

So bleeding has almost stopped and there isn't any swelling and other than the one Tylenol 3 I took abut an hour after the procedure which they told me to do, I haven't needed to take another one (knock on wood). I'm suprisingly not hungry considering that the only thing I've had to eat in the past 24 hours was a small jar of baby food this morning.

If recovery continues to go this well, I may be able to start running again next weekend. They say the worse is 2-3 days after the procedure so I'll have a better idea on Monday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah baby food!!

jen said...

Good job Fran!! You're doing great. Hang in there and it will be back to normal soon. I had mine removed 2 summers ago. I think after the bleeding/swelling stops it is a LOT better. Rest up! :)

jellypepper said...

i'm glad it went well! when i got my wisdom teeth out, i had trouble swallowing the tylenol3s. guess what that meant? i was crying for days cuz it hurt so f'n much.

Sonia said...

Very happy to read it went well for you. Hope you're back to normal now. =)

temp