Buying stuff...

on Saturday, August 2, 2008 at 10:29 PM

One little wrinkle with the "merger" at work has been that we are getting a new dress code. It's always been casual and on most days I would be wearing jeans and a t-shirt. That's changing as starting next week, we are now supposed to be doing "business casual". i had to go out and expand my business wardrobe today so that people wouldn't realize how limited my business attire really is. I've been putting this off for weeks cause I hate shopping for clothes.

I still think I need to buy some more clothes tomorrow. Since I'm in a spending mood these days, I decided to plunk down some more money and buy a Forerunner 405 today. It's different. It has a touch sensitive bezel and it's a bit awkward to use. I much prefer the feedback that a button push gives. Will try it out on my long run tomorrow. I think I'm going to do it on the waterfront so that I can observe the huge piles of garbage that will have been left from the Caribana parade today.

Oh yeah, I did about 7 miles GA on Friday and a 6 mile recovery run today.

4 comments:

yumke said...

Hey, I'd like you hear more of your thoughts on the 405.. I'm considering it cause it'd be neat to have a watch I can run with and then use it for every day use.

I think I saw you today near the humber bridge.. we were heading opposite directions as we both past a group of runners

Arcane said...

I'll post about the 405 once I've had a chance to get a handle on the features. Other than turning it on, i haven't really explored the various options yet.

Yeah i was out near the humber bridge. I didn't realize that the sewage spill a few weeks ago required them to tear up the entire boardwalk between the pool and that conference place. Running in sand is not fun.

L*I*S*A said...

I work in scrubs, and I can't imagine anything else!

Sonia said...

Congrats on the new toy! Can't wait to hear about it, not that I have the $$$ to buy it lol

temp