No motivation

on Thursday, July 31, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Did a 6 mile recovery run today. Did not run at all since the race on Sunday. I"m having a hard time with motivation without any race to train for. It's just very tough to force myself to get up in the morning to run, when I really don't need to.

A while back, I mentioned that the l aw firm i work for is "merging" with another. It's still hasn't happened yet, but supposedly will happen "soon" . They did let us in on some of the new benefits we will be receiving though. One benefit was a $600 gym membership reimbursement per year. But I later found out that it was applicable to any fitness activity. My first thought was: Race entry fees. Assuming an at par US Dollar, I've paid $567 in race entry fees this year which includes 3 marathons, two 10k's, one 8k and three 5k's. Yikes.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

Neat! I wish someone else would pay for my registration fees too!!

I do understand what you mean about lack of motivation where there is no specific race in sight. It is hard to stick to a rigorous schedule then. I think that means you should start thinking about Chicago lol Or register for a half and go hard or smth like that. Good luck finding you mojo back!

Anonymous said...

ok, that is an awesome benefit!!!!

jen said...

That is great! I have heard of free gyms or membership reimbursement, and I always wondered if they would help with races instead. You Canadians really have it good. :P

Keep up the good work, I know ti can be hard without a race training program, but just enjoy the downtime. You'll be training again soon!

temp