Update

on Tuesday, June 10, 2008 at 11:25 PM

Running this past week was sporadic at best.

Last Tuesday I did 8 miles total including some intervals at the track at about 10k race pace which I"m guessing is around 6:35 -6:40. Did 2x1200m, 2x800m, 4x400m, 6 strides.

Thursday: Did 6 miles at 8:20 pace

Sunday: Did 3 miles. TOO HOT TO RUN!!!

Today: Did 6 miles. Don't know about pace.

Last week didn't have much time to do much else. A work thing that I thought was due Monday actually ended up being due on Friday. I didn't actually find this out until Wednesday morning and I was working on the assumption it was due on Monday for the past month or so. Late nights. Didn't have any energy to do anything on the weekend. I'm surprised I even got out to do 3 miles.

So this week marks 18 weeks until the Chicago marathon. I will basically start a marathon training program since at least it's something to aim for but I'm almost certain that I won't be doing it which I guess is an admission of defeat. I was thinking it might be reasonable to try and go for 3:15 since that would qualify me for the 2010 Boston marathon, but I really have no desire to train heavily over the summer. Right now, I'm going to focus on the shorter stuff and speed, but still try and do a moderately long run over the weekend.

4 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

I'll bet your half-hearted attempts at marathon training will be more than most people's perfect plan.

You'll do great, I'm sure.

yumke said...

Ugh, I was stupid enough to sleep in on Sunday so I finished my 18 miler at 11:30.. not fun..

Will you defer Chicago? You're going to have an awesome summer, enjoy taking days off when it's stupid hot.

Signed up for the July 1 race so i'll see ya there.. i may have to work that day so i'll be 'running off to work' after the race :)

Sonia said...

Chicago! I missed that you registered for that during my MIA time... I guess this is a pricey week-end, not like a cheap marathon to run so I understand why you would want to defer it to another year. You should take it easy this summer, you deserve it!

Arcane said...

unfortunately Chicago doesn't allow deferral to the following year so I'd be out the registration fee if i skip it.

temp