Packing on the pounds...

on Sunday, June 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Did a little over 5 miles on Friday with some track running. Did 1200m, 800, 2x400m and 2 strides. Tried to run the 1200 and 800 fast but was out of breath. Averaged about 6:40 pace for the 1200m and then 6:45 pace for the 800.

Yesterday, I tried to do an easy 10 miles in the evening. I ended up walking chunks of it. It was hot, I was dehydrated and the street meat sausage I had eaten about 3 hours prior was starting to come back up, if you know what I mean.

I went downtown yesterday to pick up my race kit for the 10k on Tuesday. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I won't be able to PR on Tuesday. I would need to average about 6:45 pace to PR. My recent 5k and the crappy track workout has indicated that the slacking off I've done in recent weeks has come back to bite me and that 6:45 isn't too realistic. It probably didn't help that I've unintentionally gone on a M&M's diet this past week. I was joking around that I was going to be all lazy this summer and put on some pounds and it looks like I'm doing exactly that. I think I've put on 1-2 pounds since the marathon which may not seem like a lot, but I can definitely feel it.

Will try and do 7 miles today with some strides and rest tomorrow and then figure out a reasonable pace for Tuesday. I also signed up for a 5k next weekend. I did this about a week ago, cause I wanted to get the early bird discount. Don't think that 20 minutes is reasonable for that race, but I might be able to PR.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

1-2 lbs is not much... well if it does bother you then you realised it in time to act!

Good luck on Tuesday!

Sonia said...

1-2 lbs is not much... well if it does bother you then you realised it in time to act!

Good luck on Tuesday!

yumke said...

That's my worry about not being in training, that i'd let everything fall off. of course, doing these big runs make me so famished..

temp