What's next?

on Tuesday, May 20, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Did 6 miles recovery on Sunday. Wanted to do a 5 mile recovery this morning, but just wasn't motivated to get out of bed. I've been trying to plan what I want to do for the rest of the year running wise. I signed up for the Chicago marathon but I'm having second thoughts about that. I considered signing up for the Twin Cities marathon in Minnesota since it's supposed to be one of the better big city marathons around, but that filled up within the past day or so. Considerign that I've already done two marathons this year, I may forgo a fall marathon this year.

I'd still like to race a couple of shorter distances to get some PR's. My half marathon PR is about at the same pace as my marathon PR. That needs fixing. There's a Canada Day (July 1) 10k race that I'd like to do. At the race expo, last week, I saw a poster for the Pearson Runway Run which is a 5k race on one of the runways of the big city airport here in Toronto. That sounded neat, but unfortunately that filled up recently too.

Decisions, Decisions...

2 comments:

yumke said...

You deserve the break after non-stop training since before Chicago 2006, right? Maybe target a January marathon in a getaway destination and then carry it on for Boston? That'll let you take it easy for the sprint and eearly summer...

The airport run looks fun, not sure i'd do it. You should think about the Nightcrawler 5 miler. It's a fun one. I may consider the Canada Day run too, I'm just not too confident of running a fast 10K in a potentially hot morning (they start lateish If i recall

L*I*S*A said...

I agree with an early '09 race. Miami, perhaps? There's always PF Chang Rock 'N Roll in Arizona, too.

temp