Quick Update

on Wednesday, April 2, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Tuesday: Did 9 miles at the gym including 6 VO2Max intervals. Did the interrvals at 9.5 mi/hr (6:18 pace) for about 0.4 miles which is about 600m or so. Finished off with 2 miles at 8:00 pace and then 1 mile @7:13 pace. HR seemed to be way down for this. I think the treadmill may have not been calibrated right cause this whole run felt too easy.

Today: Did 11.4 miles outside. Wanted to try and bang out a run with a moderate effort. Started off slow and progressively increased the pace over the first three miles. Then averaged about 8:00 pace for the remaining 8.4 miles. Ran this without the garmin. I think I've been relying too much on it for pace information so I tried to just have in a moderate consistent effort and then mapped out the route after. I ran this first portion by HR trying to get a feel for what the effort will feel like at a HR of 160 and then just tried to maintain that feeling the rest of the way. HR seemed to trail off a bit at the end. Kinda wish I knew what the pace was at that point. I think I may have to go back to using my foot pod thingy which I haven't used in a long while now.

3 comments:

yumke said...

Sounds like two good workouts. I'm doing my V02Maxes also at 6:18 (a roughly 2:20 600 metre.)

I'm interested to see how your long run paces effects your overall fitness.

Sonia said...

"I think the treadmill may have not been calibrated right cause this whole run felt too easy."

Maybe you're just stronger than you think! Good job!

jen said...

Good job Fran! I like your idea of ditching the Garmin as a pacing tool. Keep up the good work!

temp