Winter time tan

on Sunday, March 16, 2008 at 5:35 PM

Did 10.2 miles today. 9:24 min/mile overall pace. Woke up this morning a bit dehydrated, but thought that 10 miles wouldn't be too bad. Very tough run. HR was hovering around 160 for most of the run. Post run weigh-in of 139 pounds which means I was very dehydrated. It probably didn't help that this was the third straight day I've run.

Temperature today was just below freezing which meant that most of the puddles of water had a thin crust of ice on them. I like running though them and cracking the ice. I ran today with a winter touque and sun glasses. When I got home and removed them, I noticed quite pronounced tan lines on my face. One clear tan line across my forehead and one around my eyes. I had hoped that maybe it was just dirt that would wash off, but a shower later, it was definitely a tan line. Crap. I had to mail letter so rather than just dump it in the nearest mailbox, I walked to the post office in a nearby shopping mall to spend some additional time out in the sun and it seems to have evened out the tan. Just a word of warning to you all. wear sun screen.

3 comments:

yumke said...

Yeah, that sun is powerful, huh? I should also learn to do apply sunscreen...

Sonia said...

a tan seriously?! haha

jen said...

I'm so good about sunscreen, but I tan very easily. I really hate it since I end up with shorts and tank top lines since all of my sun exposure comes while running. Boo!

Great job on the run- drink your water though!

temp