Recovery runs.

on Wednesday, March 12, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Did 9 mile recovery run on Sunday, 5 miles of recovery yesterday at the gym and 5.4 miles outside today also recovery. I've moved into the Pfitz 10 week between marathon program. Actually I skipped the first week so it's actually a 9 week program. I'm not going to try another marathon in 10 weeks, but rather, I'm aiming for a half marathon in 10 weeks. After that, it's 2 weeks of recovery or so and than 18 weeks to an end of September marathon. It sounds all nice and easy now in the planning but I'm sure things will change. Anyhow the 10 weeks between marathon program of Pfitz is interesting since it ramps up quite quickly to 6 days of running a week and 67 miles a week which is new territory for me. I'm just hoping that all this snow that's around melts soon before the mileage gets too high.

5 comments:

Sonia said...

woah 67 miles a week?! You're a crazy machine! You doing Waterfront? I'm thinking about it........

yumke said...

Wow.. insane. Are you thinking of doing the Mississauga half? (only one in may i can think of).

jellypepper said...

helloooo!! well, i'm finally all caught up now on your 2008 adventures so far. a good read, i'm sorry i wasn't there day by day! i hope there's more snow coming. NOT.

holy crazaziness, 67 miles!

Arcane said...

yep to both mississauga and scotiabank. scotia is more of an inital target since it's the earliest one.

E-Speed said...

I'm on the 67 mile week right now and somehow managed to get in 4 extra miles so I will actually hit 70+ for the week after the 19 miler tomorrow, also new territory for me. My legs are tired, but somehow I feel strong and like I can handle it. Hopefully the same will happen for you!

temp