Injury

on Thursday, January 3, 2008 at 10:54 PM

Went to the gym yesterday and did 5 miles @6.5mi/hr (9:13 pace). I wanted to do 11 miles today starting out at 6.6 mi/hr and increasing the pace by 0.1 after every mile until I got to 7.6. I ended up stopping after 5 miles. The reason being I've been nursing an injury for the past week or so. During a couple of the runs last week, I kinda turned over my ankle a couple of times. It didn't really bother me at the time but I think I strained a ligament or something cause it's been kinda uncomfortable to run these past few days. There's this dull achy pain around my left Achilles tendon, but it's not the Achilles tendon. Hopefully tomorrow's day off will help with the healing process. I'd still like to get a 17 mile long run in this weekend so I'm keeping the fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Quinto Sol said...

If you're injured, i.e. achilles tendinitis, one day of rest is not going to do much... I have suffered from a. tendinitis from time to time and dynamic stretching has done the job.

check this link out:

http://www.coloradorunnermag.com/media/features/Issue22_AvoidingInjury.pdf

Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. It looks a lot like ART. i don't think it's achilles tendinitis. It's really a bit more to the side of my lower leg, but still towards the back. I've been looking at it and think it might be the Peroneus brevis.

Unknown said...

Fran, great blog, great information and very inspirational! I found it while looking for information on injury; dealing with it myself but I am just a back o' the pack new runner, and an old guy to boot. :) Still, knowledge is power. Keep on chooglin! Phil

temp