Coming down with something...

on Saturday, January 26, 2008 at 8:33 PM

Friday: Thursday, I was felling the start of a sore throat. I think the LT run on Wednesday took a lot out of me, but I was still feeling pretty good come Friday. Did 12 miles outside after work. I had wanted to do it in the morning but it was hard to get up. I did 12.1 miles at about 8:15 pace which was good considering a lot of it was on snowy sidewalks. The last 8 or so miles were done at 8 min/mile pace. Was felling pretty good on this run.



Today: Headed off to the gym to do a 5 mile recovery run with the Nike Free's. I really didn't feel all that well. I guess the 12 hour recovery between my last run and this one didn't help. I tried to slow down as much as necessary to keep the HR in check, but that didn't work. I started out at 10min/mile, but the HR got over 150. walked for a bit and reset the treadmill to 10:30 min/miles. Was just barely able to keep the HR below 150. It's run's like this that humble me. My run on Tuesday was also a recovery run at the gym but my HR was less than 140 for most of the run while doing 9:15 pace. I'm heading off to sleep now to hopefully try and get some recovery for my 20 mile run tomorrow.

1 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Hope you're feeling better...I can't imagine running 20 miles feeling less than stellar.

temp