Update

on Monday, November 12, 2007 at 7:47 AM

Did 8 miles last Thursday at about 8 min/mile pace.

Did 14 miles yesterday outside. Run yesterday felt tough. Did the first half at about 8:30 pace since that felt comfortable. Last training cycle, I would have just ended up running the whole thing at about this pace, but yesterday I tried to force myself to run closer to 8 min/mile for the second half of the run. I have to try and get to a point where 8min/mile feels comfortable.

I also did some calf raises yesterday to try and build up some calf strength. I'm going to try and work in some cross-training this time. I've been thinking of buying a Bosu ball to help with core stability. They seem quite pricey.

3 comments:

jen said...

Nice job on the long run- especially with increasing the pace even though it was feeling tough.

I've used the Bosu ball at the gym- pretty fun. I didn't know they were expensive- you could always buy a large balance ball- those are cheap and you can do a lot of different things w/ it.

Triseverance said...

Isn't that the eternal struggle, how to get faster and have it feel comfortable.

Anonymous said...

not decided on marathon yet Steve.

--Fran

temp