Tight Calf

on Sunday, October 14, 2007 at 5:57 AM

I just finished having my morning bagel and am starting to get ready to go down to the marathon race start. I really didn't set out my stuff the night before like I should have and am scrambling a bit right now.

There's a 95% chance that this is going to be a training run. I noticed last night before I went to bed that I had a really tight right calf . I tried to stretch it and massage it but it's still pretty tight right now and I'm pretty sure it's going to start cramping during the race. I'm also pretty sure this is going to be a DNF too since I don't really want to do 26.2 miles as a training run. I haven't quite figured out where I'm going to drop out of the course though. Ideally I'd like to do 20 miles, but I still have to get back to the finish line to return my chip and there really isn't a short cut way to get to the finish after the 20 mile mark without actually completing the whole distance. Oh well.

5 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

C'mon, Fran...give it a go. I can't wait to read about it. You'll do great, whatever you decide. :)

Michal The Joggler Kapral said...

Looks like you might just have to run the whole thing ... unless you can find someone to lend you a Segway for the last six miles.

yumke said...

Hey, you looked great out there today. Here's a picture (I have two) of you I snapped.

Dave said...

Hope the run went well. From Kenny's pictures you looked strong! Can't wait to hear about it.

Anonymous said...

awesome blog. congrats!

http://runningroomsucks.blogspot.com

temp