Week 15 update

on Saturday, September 8, 2007 at 9:24 AM

Thursday was my birthday. Had a quiet dinner with my parents at a Chinese restaurant. I ate way too much food.

Did 10.3 miles yesterday morning and averaged 8:05 min/mile pace. I had to be downtown yesterday at 7:30 for a work thing so I got up at 4:00 am to get my run in. No cars or people out, just me, the darkness and the endless sounds of crickets. I ended up going to the track to do laps after a few miles of warmup. Seeing this was the last mid-week semi-long run before the taper, I mixed up the pace a bit and did a couple of laps at LT pace and a couple at marathon pace.

I was supposed to attend a work golf day thing yesterday, but the scheduled work thing downtown could not be postponed so I ended up skipping it. That's okay cause I don't play golf and i was kinda worried about using muscles I haven't used before. I don't want to be getting hurt three weeks before race day. Here's a pic of me last year at the driving range trying to figure out how to hit a golf ball.

I was going to go join the work gang for dinner, but I was exhausted at the end of the day and ended up heading home instead to crash.

Today: 4.1 miles @ 9:00 min/mile. Broke out the marathon day race shoes for their inaugural run just to break them in a little. I'll do my long run tomorrow using my old shoes and then switch to the race day shoes. I may try and use the old shoes for a couple of the recovery runs during the taper though.

6 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Sounds like the training is going very well!

yumke said...

The last long run before the taper! good luck, hopefully the weather is okay. Thanks for your note.. i'm not sure about 3:15 but 3:20 is still the big number i'm aiming for

Quinto Sol said...

Happy belated B-day!

Dave said...

Nice job on the runs and good bye to the last mid-week semi-long run! Those have been tough some weeks!
P.S. Happy Belated Birthday!

Unknown said...

holler!! happy b-day!!!

Colleen said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Hope the 20 miler went great this weekend... time for the taper!!!!

temp