Last Run...

on Saturday, September 29, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Did 2 miles recovery this morning. Who cares what the pace was.

Don't have much left to say. I headed down and picked up my race kit. The Running Room didn't have any 3:10 pace bands so I had to go with the official bands provided by the sponsor Addidas. Type was way too small. I also don't like that they only give you splits every 2 km and that the goal time is 3:10:00. I really think I need the extra 59 seconds that Boston affords me. I got home and decided to make my own in Excel. I think I tried every possible font and size combination and came up with something much more readable. (10 pt Century Gothic Bold in case you were wondering) It fits quite nicely into the pace band holder that I got from the Chicago expo last year.



I was hesitant to do so, but I added a link on the left hand side of the blog under the countdown timer to my live tracking. You can now witness in real time my triumph or destruction. Anyhow whatever the result, I want to think each and every one of you who has read, commented or stumbled across my blog. Not to get too sappy, but I value each and every reader and I'll be thinking of you all during my run tomorrow.

Thanks!

9 comments:

Audrey said...

!!!! good luck!!!!!

L*I*S*A said...

Fran, you're gonna knock 'em dead!! I'll be watching!!

mg said...

I haven't commented in forever, but have been following your training. You've had a great training session - best of luck to you tomorrow! I'll be sending good vibes your way.

(I really hope this doesn't post 50 times, blogger seems to be having issues)

Dave said...

Good luck and enjoy!

Sonia said...

Hope you're sound asleep by now. Good luck for tomorrow and as we would say it French: "Un gros merde pour demain!"

Colleen said...

It's finally time and you are totally ready! Run your socks off and have fun! Can't wait to hear all about it. Good Luck!

jellypepper said...

(though you probably won't read this before you go...)

i'm not sleeping yet tho we all know i certainly should be. but i wanted to send you some good luck vibes. i'll be cheering you on from the back of the pack!

Sonia said...

You are smoking it right now! Predicted time of 3:07!!!! I hope the second half is as good as the first!! GO GO GO!

Sonia said...

Francis I hope you're alright and this is not a serious injury.... =( There is always other races, hang in there buddy

temp