Training update

on Friday, July 13, 2007 at 10:32 PM

Wednesday: Did 4 mile recovery run @ about 9:45 min/miles. Ran in the morning. It was about 23C outside which isn't really that warm, but I had a hard time with the run. I guess I haven't gotten used to the warmer temperatures yet. I usually start most of my runs when it's less than 20C outside.

Today: Did 11.5 miles or so. Not sure of pace, probably around 8:40 min miles.

So I left for and came back from Edmonton all in one day on Thursday. That is not something I would want to do again. Ideally I would have liked to spend a day, potentially even the weekend there. There was also the option of maybe trying to get into Calgary to experience the Stampede, but alas, no dice, since I have stuff to do for next week.

I think I"m going to head downtown tomorrow to pick up my race kit for Sunday. There's a bit of an unknown with trying to do it on race morning and it's just one less thing I'll have to worry about. It looks like I may finally get to meet Yumke, Jelly and Sonia, which is kinda weird. I've met a bunch of blogland people from other cities back in Chicago last year but haven't actually met anyone from my own city. Go figure.

1 comments:

jellypepper said...

Yeeha! This is going to be great! Yumke suggests meeting at 10 or 10:15 by the Running Room booth in the post-run party area (it's the only land mark that is mentioned on the Nissan page)
Have a great run.

temp