Pace Run

on Saturday, July 7, 2007 at 12:02 AM

Wednesday: 5.2 mile recovery run @ 9min/mile

Thursday: GA 8.1 miles. This is a recovery week and the Thursday's was was a general aerobic run for 8 miles. Pfitz describes these for distances of under 10 miles as being anywhere between recovery and LT pace which is not very specific. I decided to head out to the track and try a couple of miles at my Boston pace of 7:15 min/mile which were done in 7:09 and 7:13 respectively (laps 5 and 6). The HR for these was around 175 which is a bit too high for me to maintain for a marathon. In my experience, these should be at 170 or so. I still got about 3 months to go so hopefully it'll drop.

For those on the Pfitz plan or who are thinking or trying it, I came across a helpful site on the Runners world forums that will generate a Pfitz plan for you. Just plug in when your marathon is and it'll give you a schedule with dates of what you should be doing. It'll even generate a .pdf version that you can print out.

Also I found out this week that I have to be in Edmonton on next Thursday. I haven't quite figured out what to do about my runs partly because I don't know when I'm flying over and when I'm flying back. A little bit of juggling may be necessary.

3 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Love that website! I had to bookmark it. I'll refer to it often, as I'm using Pfitz for my long runs. I'll try a few of the midweek workouts as well.

Ryan said...

Thanks for the link! I can relate to the run juggling with travel. You'll work it out.

Anonymous said...

I too can relate to juggling runs while traveling but I'm not sure we mean the same thing.

Thanks for the link. I might even experiment with following a training schedule.

temp