Best Laid Plans...

on Sunday, July 15, 2007 at 11:53 PM

Saturday: Did 7 miles including 8 strides

Sunday: So the intention was to get downtown early and do 8 miles prior to the 10 mile race. Unfortunately I only got down there at 7am or so for an 8am start time. I ended up doing 4 miles prior to the race and then the 10 mile race. I ended up calling it quits for the day until about an hour ago when I sat down to right this blog entry and I realized that this was the first time this training season that I didn't hit my mileage target for the week and the only reason for it was that I was too lazy to get up an extra 30 minutes Sunday morning. So, I put on my shoes and did a 4 mile run at 11pm to get to 50 for the week. Yes I know, it's an anal retentive thing to do and in the overall scheme of things, 4 missed miles of a long run probably wasn't going to affect my fitness, but hey if I'm going to miss mileage, it's going to a result of something else other than my lazy ass.

3 comments:

Audrey said...

wow. i kind of love the 11 PM miles. nice!

yumke said...

ha! you did it!

L*I*S*A said...

Late-night miles. I'll have to try that once.

temp