Week 2 of training

on Wednesday, June 6, 2007 at 9:26 PM

Did 8.2 miles including 10 strides yesterday. Did the strides around a local track. Strided the 100m straightaways then jogged the rest of the 300m. Including the strides, I averaged about 8:40 min/mile. The plan has 10 miles for tomorrow. I've been toying with the idea of doing a 4 mile LT run tomorrow as part of the 10 miles. Part of me wants to get moving with the LT runs since I have to improve by quite a bit in order to meet my fall goal, but at the same time, i'm not sure that deviating from the plan is such a good idea.

I got my camera back from the manufacturer today after fixing the problem that required a recall. I've been wanting to take some pictures of the Canada geese that have hatched at my work place. They're actually quite cute when they're small, but they've grown quite a bit since they were born and now they about the size of a chicken and not nearly as cute.

2 comments:

AddictedToEndorphins said...

I saw the most surreal thing the other day. We were driving from the lake and there were a bunch of Canada Geese and their ducklings crossing the road!!! We had to stop our car since they were crossing! It was neat!

As for deviating from plans...they're not set in stone..Just don't hurt that knee up.

jen said...

Just got caught up, Great job!! You've been working hard. I'm glad to see you're on the 55mpw Pfitz plan, I know it'll work for you again.

In my opinion, I wouldn't add an LT workout to the plan. You'll have plenty of those soon enough. Just a thought.

Keep it up! :)

temp