Leg strengthening

on Sunday, April 29, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Been busy at work so not much time to post or read. I was trying to cram all the work in so I'd be able to take my day off tomorrow, but I didn't finish so I have to go in tomorrow :(. I was able to move my day off to next Friday, so I still get a long weekend.

Did 5 km yesterday a bit quicker than last time, but still fairly slow.
Did 10 km today at about 9:15 pace.

My left knee was hurting a bit after my run on Thursday morning and I thought it might help to do a leg strengthening workout. Perry had posted this link to some leg exercises a while back. I tried to do the test they suggest but couldn't even do a single "flawless" repetition on either leg. So I did the exercises as best i could and woke up on Friday extremely sore. I guess it's a sign that it's working.

3 comments:

Maddy said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I didn't know you were still following along ;-)

The metric system facinates me and I wonder if that makes Canadians marginally better in races. You train 5k, 10k. Americans have a tendancy to train 3 miles, 6 miles, yet our races are still kilometers...

I hope you knee feels better soon!

jen said...

Congrats on a couple good runs!! I went for my first run in two weeks yesterday and was a little paranoid about my knee, but it worked out ok. It sure felt good just to be out there, don't you think?

Keep up the leg exercises, I should be doing that too. Thanks for the link. :)

Sonia said...

Im glad the exercises seem to be working! GREAT news!!!

temp