Day off

on Monday, April 9, 2007 at 11:05 AM

I took today off (from work). I had a 4.5 vacation days from last year that I was supposed to take by the end of March of which I was able to take zero. I was told I had to take them in April or I'd lose them. Rather than take a week off, I'm just going to take each Monday of the month off. I headed to the gym this morning to get a swim in.

Swam for about 40 minutes. Then spent 10 minutes in the whirlpool massaging my calf. Kudos to Kristi for the massaging tip. I was able to find this really tender point in my calf that is about 6 inches away from where the pain in my ankle is which I wouldn't have found unless I was looking for it. I tried to massage it for the first time last night and it was agony. My whole calf seized up after that. I think this tightness or whatever it is has been causing me to run kind of funny putting extra strain on muscles/tendons that aren't used to the strain. Anyways, the warm water from the whirlpool helped to stifle some of the pain that I was feeling.

Well I'm off to downtown to have lunch with an old university buddy. I called up the authorized Polar Battery replacement centre who happen to be about 2 blocks from where I'm going and they indicated they'll replace the battery for me while I wait which means I won't have to ship off my watch and can get it replaced today. Yeah!

4 comments:

jen said...

Every Monday off? That's my dream. Lucky!

Great job on the swim. Take care of your leg, and be patient with your recovery. Sounds like you are very realistic and smart, which will pay off big in the long run. :)

Colleen said...

Every Monday off this month, that's pretty nice!

Very interesting info Kristy gave you on the massage. Sounds like it is working for you, so I'll have to hold onto that info "just in case." I had major ankle problems back in 2004, and even though I've been okay ever since, I am still paranoid that it will come back again.

Kristi said...

Yeah! I'm so glad it's working for you. I've had the posterior tib tendonitis myself...it blows. Hopefully you'll feel better soon.

Ryan said...

Glad to see you have been able to keep the Polar alive. My crapped out and I got sucked into the Garmin! (which is sweet...). ANyway, have you had the ankle looked at by an MD? Hope all is OK. rest up and get healthy!

temp