Still not running...

on Tuesday, March 27, 2007 at 10:30 PM

It's gotten quite warm lately, but my shin is still a bit tender so I'm still laying off the running for now. I can walk around with no pain, but it can get a bit sore when I rub it and if I flex my ankle a certain way.

I went back to the pool to swim today for about 40 minutes. I didn't keep track of how many lengths I did or how far I went. Too bad they don't have a garmin for swimming. It seemed much easier today compared to last time as I was able to string together several lengths without stopping. I think it's because I was going fairly slow. I guess it's like running when you have to pick your pace based on how far you're going to go. I think I may need a new pair of goggles though. They jam into my eye sockets quite well and are pretty good at keeping the water out, but they start to hurt after a while.

6 comments:

Michal The Joggler Kapral said...

You're smart to let the shin recover fully. Have you tried pool running?

Anonymous said...

Too bad about the injury. Not being able to run is frustrating. Just keep on cross training...have you considered learning to juggle? lol

Perry, 44

jen said...

Great job in the pool. I agree that keeping track of laps, pace, time, is tough.

You'll be running again soon, you are very smart to rest that shin. Think positive. :)

Colleen said...

Sorry to hear about the shin pain you're experiencing. Sounds like you're doing the right things to make it better.

Thanks for commenting on my blog the other day. I'm excited and nervous about starting Pfitz's plan next month. But I'm also really concerned that I won't know what I'm doing! I appreciated the feedback and help.

Arcane said...

Thanks all. This shin is getting better.

I haven't tried pool running. The pool I use is a lap pool and doesn't have a deep end. The whole pool is only about 4 to 5 feet deep so it's hard to run in it.

Sonia said...

Hope the pain leaves fast, and that you'll still be able to run the marathon! You should come to London for the Forest City Road Race! There'll be a RM M&G! =)

temp