Tagged.

on Tuesday, January 30, 2007 at 11:28 PM

Ok So i was tagged by Jen. This little game was originally designed for the triathlons bloggers and it's kinda made it's way into the marathon blogger realm so I hope not to upset the delicate balance between the two worlds. I've not done a triathlon, so here's my thing for the marathon.

1. Describe a memory from your first tri/marathon ever.
Having to really really pee within the first 10 km of the race. Thankfully there were a whole bunch of others that had to do the same. Kinda funny seeing a whole bunch of mostly guys lined up against a concrete wall doing their business while streams of people are running by.

2. Describe a memory from your most recent tri/marathon.
I actually don't think I have any. Chicago was just a big blur to me. I do remember pulling up behind, Perry, and seeing something about joggling on his back. I kinda wished I stopped to chat.

3. What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you in a tri/marathon?
At my first water stop in my first marathon, I tried for the first time to drink while running like you see them do on TV. I nearly drowned myself coughing the stuff out.

There also this picture from Chicago.



4. What's the most thrilling thing that's happened to you in a tri/marathon?
Finishing faster than my expected goal.

5. What is something you discovered about yourself by doing tri/marathons?
That when training, I actually can get up at 5am in the morning if I want to.

6. What is The Big Goal that you're working towards?
Qualifying for Boston!!!

I won't tag any first time marathoners since you may not have a lot of experience to draw from so I will tag Ryan, Audrey, and mg.

7 comments:

jen said...

Ha ha, love the water stop story. I've definitely done that. Thanks for playing. ;)

Audrey said...

NOOO!! Not the picture of the snot again!!! :) At least you weren't nude at a tri. That would be one of my most embarrasing race moments.

I have to pass on this meme. I just did a bunch and I am tapped out of stories!! Tapped out I say!! I'm sorry I'm no fun :( Train hard!!! Thx for the thought!!!

Ryan said...

OK, you got me.

Sonia said...

funny! I can't believe you put up that pic of your snot rocket again!! =)

Sonia said...

funny! I can't believe you put up that pic of your snot rocket again!! =)

Arcane said...

the mucous picture doesn't bother me that much since it's only a close up of the nose. If it was the whole picture, that'd be a different story!

Michal The Joggler Kapral said...

Hey, good luck with the Boston qualification.

Perry and I staged a joggle-off at last year's Toronto Waterfront Marathon and he actually had a shirt printed with a joggling sign on the back. I have a "Caution: Joggler" sign that I usually wear on my back, but it's just a printout.

Michal
http://thejoggler.blogspot.com

temp