Race pics

on Thursday, November 9, 2006 at 9:16 PM

I went out for running for about an hour today and yesterday. Did about 7 miles each time. I've been having a hard time getting motivated to get out with nothing in particular to train for. I've decided that I don't want to do a 5k before years end. Though it would be nice to have set a PR for one, I generally find them tough to do. I'll do one next spring.

They posted pictures from the 10k race I did on Sunday and mine weren't so great.


Here's me at the beginning breathing normally and staring at the butt of the person in front of me and yes Sonia if you look closely you can see my collar bone sticking out.



Here's me about 5 m from the finish line with my head down, sprinting about as fast as I can.



Here's a closer shot of me a few moments later feeling like I'm about to have a heart attack.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, those pics are good! All running pics are kind of gross-it means you're trying hard! :)

Anonymous said...

I think the pics are great! You look like you're getting down to business. :)

jellypepper said...

I hear you about motivation, even though I have RunClub and signed up for a 5K run.. My outings since Chicago? One!

yumke said...

Hey, you're one of the few who actually raced so quickly after Chicago. Good on you. I've decided on teh end of year 5K... just for kicks.

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about? I think those are great pics. You look super FAST!! Looks like they caught you in mid-air on that last one.

Anonymous said...

Great job and congrats on this race. Glad to see someone is out there racing again. Sweet!

Sonia said...

hahahahaha I saw your collar bones! Too funny :o) Congrats on the race!

SRR said...

Love the pics. And whatever gives you the impression that I am a bad influence, Silly?? :-)

temp