Training Update. Sept 25- Sept 29

on Saturday, September 30, 2006 at 8:03 AM

The cool temperatures are here. I'm waiting for the temperature to warm up before I head out on my 4 mile recovery run this morning. Here's an update for the week.

Tuesday:
Did 5 mile recovery run with 6 strides.

Wednesday:
Did a little over 10 miles with 4x1200m @ 5k pace. Split times were:

04:59.6
04:56.3
04:58.4
04:59.2

I ran into some HR strap problems at the beginning, but by the time I got to the track, it had sorted itself out. I can honestly say that these VO2Max things seem to be getting easier. Now it could just be that the Yasso 800's that I did on the weekend made this interval workout feel puny by comparison, but I like to think it's because my fitness is improving. I'm looking forward to the 1600m interval workout in two weeks.

Friday:
Did 10 miles at about 8:30 pace. I tried the garmin today for the second time and it seemed to be off in measuring distance. I usually run the first few miles of my "around the house" route along the same path where I know where the 1 and 2 mile markers are. The garmin has been right on with the distance the last time I used it, but today I ran past the mark and then an additional 30 seconds before the autolap function was triggered. I thought it may be that my HR monitor was interfering with the satelite reception since this was the first time I ran with both. Going to try it again today to see if I have the same problem. It was quite cool during the run at about 8C. By the time I got back home, my fingernails were a nice shade of blue.

4 mile recovery today and then 20+ miles tomorrow and then taper time! I wish all you Chicago hopefuls good luck on your 20 milers this weekend. Enjoy it cause you won't be running that distance again until October 22!

3 comments:

Perry said...

I love those graphs and charts you post. What kind of equipment are you running with? Does it make running tougher?

Perry
Just Your Average Joggler

yumke said...

Good luck on the 20+ miler. It was a chilly one today on the waterfront..

Sonia said...

Good luck on the 20 miler (not that you need any!)

Taper is upon you! I hope you enjoy it as much as i do =)

temp