Houston! We have a problem.

on Tuesday, August 1, 2006 at 12:56 PM


10 miles scheduled this morning with 5 @ tempo pace. Got out the door at 6am and the sun wasn't even out and the temperature was 27C. I usually go out the door with a handheld water bottle filled with gatorade, but thought it might be wise to being an extra bottle of water, just in case. The 2 mile warmup was uneventful though it was quite humid. Started the tempo run, a bit fast and finished my first mile at 7:20, 2nd mile at 7:30 which is basically the pace I wanted to maintain, but the third mile was REALLY tough. I ended up doing it in 7:39, but felt like crap towards the end of it and not sure whether I could continue for another 2 miles, I decided to stop for a 2 min break. After which I finished the run. Not sure what the split times for these last 2 miles were cause I forgot to hit the lap button, but the 2 miles took me 15:30 which is about a 7:45 min/mile, but I was really slowing down towards the end. After that, took another extended break and then I finished the last 3 miles at the slow end of my long run pace. Hopefully this weather will pass soon cause this crappy weather is making my runs feel horrible, almost to the point that I'm starting to doubt whether I'll be able to run a strong marathon.

On another note, I'm going to Houston today! One of my collegaues had a meeting down there tomorrow, but had to pull out at the last minute. As the only other person that was involved with the file, I get to go instead. I only found out I was going yesterday and I'm only going for ONE DAY, but I get to stay at the St. Regis. Temperature looks way too hot down there. I'll probably have to do tomorrows recovery run in the gym.

1 comments:

princess kanomanom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

temp