Film Festival!!

on Tuesday, August 29, 2006 at 9:09 PM

I did 6 miles this morning (@ recovery pace) with 6 strides. I have 12 miles scheduled for tomorrow with 7 @ LT pace. I carboloaded today so should be fueled up for tomorrow morning.

I also picked up my Toronto Film festival package today. I've only started flipping through the 400 or so pages of movie descriptions. I gotta pick 20 movies from a huge list that fit into a reasonable schedule. I'm hoping to take only two vacation days which would eat up about 8 movies or so. The remaining 12 will have to fit into weekends and evenings.

One movie that I've been interested in is The Fountain, which is directed by Darren Aronofsky who directed Requiem for a Dream and Pi, two films which I really enjoyed. Another movie that is getting a lot of buzz is Babel which stars Brad Pitt. I think that both of these movies will be coming out in theatres since they are both supported by big movie studios so if I don't get to see them, it's no big loss, I'll see them eventually. Will let you all know the final schedule once I've had a chance to digest it all.

3 comments:

yumke said...

We should trade jobs.. i'm helping to organize our coverage of the film festival but i'll never get to see a film.. wait a sec, i think you got the better deal

jellypepper said...

I just picked up my TIFF bible. Where do I begin ........ too many movies, too little time.

Arcane said...

Trust me you don't want my job...

I'm having a hard time picking movies. In the past, I used to take a day off of work to pick movies, but thought that I wouldn't need to with only having 20 movies to chose. i think I'm finding that it's actually tougher.

temp