I need new shoes

on Wednesday, July 5, 2006 at 9:27 PM

Did a recovery run this morning of 4 miles. About 10min/mile. HR below 150. Pretty cool out.
My right ankle was sore before the run, but stopped aching as soon as I starting running. It's sore now. Hopefully it's not sprained. Usually when I feel a twinge, I know that the support in my shoes (Brooks Adrenalines) is gone and I need to go shopping. I figure I got about 300 miles out of this pair. I like the Adrenalines cause their relatively light and good for racing, but I don't like that I have to replace them so often. I've read people getting 500 miles on their shoes. I think I'll try a different model this time but will probably go back to the Adrenaline in the fall.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the Brooks Adrenaline a lot (they were wide in the forefoot which was good for my Taylor's bunions) but after a few pairs I had to switch seakers b/c the Brooks were bothering my achilles on one foot. I'm not sure where your ankle is hurting but wanted to mention my experience. Have a good week!

Triseverance said...

I wear the Brooks Adreneline as well and like them they have been very good to my feet and legs. But I agree I have about 300 miles on mine and they are looking more worn out then some of the shoes I have had in the past.....I think the are updating them this summer or fall.

Arcane said...

Thanks for the feedback. I like the Adrenaline a lot and hope they don't change it too much. They're the lightest stability shoe that I feel give me enough support. I also have also looked at the Brooks axiom which is even lighter but it looks like it wouldn't hold up for even 200 miles.

Ryan said...

I've run Asics GT series for 7 years - until I moved up to Gel Kayanos two months ago. They're great stability shoes. I don't have experience with Brooks Adrenalines. 300 sounds a bit low, you should be able to get at least 400 on a decent shoe.

Arcane said...

I ran in the Gt-2090 a few years ago and probably got about 500 miles on those. I like them but found that I got the same support from the adrenalines but at a lower shoe weight. But I guess what you gain in lightness, you lose in durability. I'm actually thinking about buying the Asics GT-2110 this time around.

temp